WELCOME!

This blog is hosted by Hanne Lore Koehler, artist, author, illustrator. I will try to post a new article every day, including new work, painting tips, art news. Hope you will join me and leave a comment!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Painting of Children on a Tire Swing


AFTER SCHOOL


This vibrant watercolor painting has a nostalgic flavor, bringing back carefree late summer, early fall after school memories - those warm September discussions about the new teacher, the boy that gave you a cookie at recess, what mom was cooking for supper that smelled so good.

I welcome your inquiry into the availability and price of this original action painting; or your inquiry into the commission of an original watercolor, oil or acrylic action painting of your own children playing. Action paintings of Children in wall murals are in GALLERY 21. Children's portraits are in GALLERY 5 of my website. There are more action paintings of children in Koehler storybook illustrations.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful to think of simpler times surrounded by the charm of the kids playing in the yard, dinner on the stove, and the sweet subtle summer air. I love the idea of not only depicting the children’s portraits, but of depicting the whimsy of their actions and their natural free spirit. Do you always depict children in this nature, or do you find still portraits uninteresting? I can imagine it must be more enticing to depict children being playful, filled with laughter and innocence. You don’t seem to see too many children playing like they used to, and remembering the feeling of playful freedom and safety is very touching and wonderful. I must say that this beautiful work of art has not only made me admire the aesthetics of it, but it has transported me into a new world filled with my personal memories and desires. The technique is unmistakably advanced and the use of light is very precise, I also enjoy the posture and pose of the children. It is as if they are caught right in the middle of a glorious moment that will now live forever through the beauty of your brush strokes .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your generous insightful comment about AFTER SCHOOL. I prefer to depict children in some sort of action. From my experience, it is not in their nature to sit still for too long and capturing them in a natural environment in action makes the painting more candid, carefree, and personal - a moment to remember rather than just a face.

    ReplyDelete