WELCOME!

This blog is hosted by Hanne Lore Koehler, artist, author, illustrator. I will try to post a new article every day, including new work, painting tips, art news. Hope you will join me and leave a comment!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

ACTION SPORTS ART | PAINTING TIPS

TOUR DE FORCE
My love for action and fascination with capturing a flash of movement in this motionless art form should be evident in my sports paintings. Only the experience itself can compare with the delight I feel when I have captured an athlete in the excitement of the moment, in anticipation of the next fast ball, goal or break away. Every athlete, professional or amateur, can identify with the adrenaline rush felt in that instant portrayed in each of my action paintings. This work for me is revitalizing, refreshing, uninhibited. Over the next few days, I will describe my usual procedure for painting an action sports painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment