WELCOME!

This blog is hosted by Hanne Lore Koehler, artist, author, illustrator. I will try to post a new article every day, including new work, painting tips, art news. Hope you will join me and leave a comment!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Thrill of Capturing Action in Watercolor

MOGUL MANIA

My love for action and fascination with capturing a flash of movement in this motionless art form should be evident in my sports paintings. Only the experience itself can compare with the thrill I feel when I have captured an athlete in the excitement of the moment, a skier in anticipation of the next mogul, heli or gate, a figure skater in the midst of performing the best quad ever, a snow boarder out-maneuvering three formidable opponents in a snowboard cross race. Every athlete, professional or amateur, can identify with the adrenaline rush felt in that instant portrayed in my painting. This work for me is exhilarating, unrestricted, satisfying.