WELCOME!

This blog is hosted by Hanne Lore Koehler, artist, author, illustrator. I will try to post a new article every day, including new work, painting tips, art news. Hope you will join me and leave a comment!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Thrill of Capturing Action in Watercolor

MOGUL MANIA

My love for action and fascination with capturing a flash of movement in this motionless art form should be evident in my sports paintings. Only the experience itself can compare with the thrill I feel when I have captured an athlete in the excitement of the moment, a skier in anticipation of the next mogul, heli or gate, a figure skater in the midst of performing the best quad ever, a snow boarder out-maneuvering three formidable opponents in a snowboard cross race. Every athlete, professional or amateur, can identify with the adrenaline rush felt in that instant portrayed in my painting. This work for me is exhilarating, unrestricted, satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment